what you need
- 1 packet Dan & Steph’s Farmhouse Pork Sausages
- 2 large eggplants
- Pinch of salt
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. mirin
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander, to serve
how to make it
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Slice eggplants down the middle and remove the flesh. Set skins aside for later.
- Squeeze out pork sausage stuffing from their casings and place in a bowl.
- Add the eggplant insides to the sausage mince along with the minced ginger and garlic.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of sesame oil in wok or fry pan over med. heat and cook the eggplant pork mixture for 6-9 mins until the eggplants become soft and pork mince is browned off.
- Add soy sauce and mirin and let the mixture reduce, add chopped shallots and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff with the pork eggplant mix into the eggplant skins and bake in the oven for 30 mins and until the eggplant is super soft.
- Garnish with chopped green shallots and coriander.
Three Aussie Farmers Farmhouse Style Pork Sausages
Try our tasty Gourmet Pork Sausages – Farmhouse Style. Its a family favourite!