what you need
- 500g Dan and Steph Sicilian Sausages
- 700ml Pasata
- 1 tin whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- Mixed cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced roasted red capsicum
- 1/2 cup pitted sicilian olives
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 cups polenta
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
how to make it
- Place a fry-pan over med heat with 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Cook onion and garlic for 2 mins or until tender.
- Squeeze out sausage insides and place into the fry-pan. Discard skins of sausages.
- Cook sausage, breaking apart with wooden spoon until it resembles mince.
- Pour in wine and cook for 2 mins. Pour in pasata, cherry tomatoes and whole tinned tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 20 mins.
- Add in olives, capsicum and parsley. Stir through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook polenta according to packet instructions. Add 1 cup of grated cheese to polenta and stir through until melted.
- Spoon ragu over polenta and serve immediately.
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.