what you need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers Bacon Hock
- 1.5L beef stock
- 1 brown onion, quartered
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery, chopped
- 1 fresh thyme sprig
- ½ tsp. whole black peppercorns
- ½ cup oyster mushrooms
- ½ cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 king mushrooms, sliced
- 400g cannellini beans
- 6 large kale leaves
- 1 tsp. cornflour
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
how to make it
- Place hock, stock, onion, carrot, celery, thyme and peppercorns into a slow cooker on high. Cook for 7 hours. Once cooked, leave in slow cooker to keep warm. Laddle out 1 cup of the stock and set aside.
- In a large fry pan cook mushrooms for 5 minutes then add in the beans and cook until beans begin to brown. Leave in pan to keep warm.
- Bring water to the boil in a large sauce pan on high heat. Quickly blanch the kale leaves for 1 – 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix cornflour and water together until smooth. In another sauce pan pour the 1 cup of stock in and bring to a low simmer then add in the cornflour mixture to thicken up the sauce.
- Remove hock from slow cooker and shred. Keep stock for future soup base. Place kale on the plate followed by the mixed mushrooms and beans, then top it off the shredded bacon hock. Drizzle the thickened sauce over the top.
- Serve and enjoy
Three Aussie Farmers Pulled Pork
Our Bacon Hocks are great for adding a delicious wood smoked flavour to soups, stews and casseroles. Simple, hearty and perfect for those cold winter months.