what you need
- 2 packs Three Aussie Farmers Louisiana Sausages, skins removed, crumbled
- 65ml oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. caster sugar
- 1 tsp. dried yeast
- 375ml warm water
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g pizza blend cheese
- Tomato sauce
- American Mustard
- 24 slices of pickles
how to make it
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast. In a separate bowl, mix the oil and water together and slowly add to the dry mixture in batches. After each pour, work the dough. Repeat until all the water and oil is incorporated.
- Knead the dough for 7-10 mins or until the dough is smooth. Cover with a cloth and keep in a warm place for 45 mins to prove.
- In a fry-pan cook the sausage meat till browned, then place onto paper towel to soak up any excess oil; allow to cool.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 200oC.
- Hand stretch the dough out into a rectangular shape roughly 30cm x 50cm. Squeeze a generous amount of tomato sauce onto the dough and spread evenly. Now add the cooked sausages, onion, garlic and cheese on top spreading evenly. Add American mustard to taste and arrange pickles over the top.
- Starting from the longer edge, slowly roll the dough to make a log shape. Cut the log into 8 pieces to make the scrolls. Place scrolls into a cake tin cut face up so each scroll is touching the next.
- Place into the oven for 35-40 mins or until dough is cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!
Three Aussie Farmers Pulled Pork
We’ve grabbed our best Aussie pork and blended it with a selection of Dan & Steph’s favourite herbs. With thyme and parsely this jThe robust flavours of Cajun BBQ and Creole cuisines in South America are unforgettable – and this Louisiana snag is a tribute to the traditional flavours from the region. With thyme, garlic and paprika – this is a gourmet sausage for everyday that will make your next BBQ one to remember. uicy sausage is packed with flavour and won’t disappoint!