what you need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers Smoked Bacon Hock
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 400g canned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 300g spaghetti
- 2 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 lemon wedge, to serve
how to make it
- Cut off skin and meat from the hock. Tear meat into bite size pieces.
- Cook spaghetti according to pack instructions. Reserve 2 Tbsp. of pasta water.
- In a fry-pan over med heat, add the vegetable oil and hock skin. Fry off the skin to flavour the oil for 5 mins. Remove hock skin from pan. Add the garlic and canned tomatoes and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Create a well in the middle and cook off the tomato paste for 1 min. Add the chilli flakes and lemon zest.
- Transfer cooked spaghetti into pan with sauces and add the pasta water. Next add the hock meat and toss through until the spaghetti is thoroughly coated and the hock meat is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Remove the chilli flakes if you’re not a fan of spice!
- Add some finely grated parmesan to the top if desired.
Three Aussie Farmers Pulled Pork
We grow quality Aussie pork, and we’ve spent three generations getting it right. Give it a go, and help us keep Aussie pork on Aussie plates.