what you need
- 1 pack Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian Pork Sausages
- 500g pork mince
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g passata
- 1 tsp. mixed Italian herbs
- 6 hot dog rolls, sliced open
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- Parsley to serve
how to make it
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in large saucepan over med. heat.
- Cook onion and garlic in saucepan for 2 mins.
- Add pork mince and cook until brown. Add red wine and stir for 2 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes, passata and mixed herbs. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low.
- Allow to simmer for 30 mins then remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook sausages according to pack instructions.
- Place a sausage into each hot dog roll and top with Bolognese sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.