what you need
- 1 pack Three Aussie Farmers Lightly Seasoned Pork Schnitzels
- 4 cups plain flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups brown mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tbsp. plain flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
how to make it
- Cook pork schnitzels according to pack instructions.
- Combine spätzle ingredients into a mixing bowl. Place dough hook onto the mixing stand and ‘knead’ for 20 mins or until bubbles appear.
Note: add more milk if too dry and more flour if too wet.
- Bring a med. saucepan of water to a boil. Using a Spätzle press (or a colander), press the mixture into the water and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Drain the spätzle and toss through some butter to stop it from sticking together.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of butter for the gravy in a med. frypan over high heat. Cook onions, garlic and mushrooms for 2 mins.
- Add the leftover butter and flour and stir continuously for 2 mins.
- Add the beef stock, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir continuously until the gravy has thickened. Cover and simmer on low for 10 mins. Add heavy cream.
- Serve immediately with spätzle and mushroom gravy.
Three Aussie Farmers Lightly Seasoned Pork Schnitzel
There isn’t much that’s beats a schnitty with chips and gravy. This schnitzel is made with a tender slice of Australian pork, and coated in fresh seasoned breadcrumbs. It’s quick to cook and not a bad choice when you’re flat out like a lizard drinking.