what you need
- 2 Three Aussie Farmers Bacon Hocks
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorn
- 1.5 L chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- 2 tsp. Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 4 Sesame buns, halved and toasted
- 2 small gem lettuce, leafs
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 2 Green apple, sliced
how to make it
- Place hocks in a large pot with celery, onions, black pepper corns and chicken stock. Bring it to the boil on high then reduce to low and simmer for 2 hrs.
- Remove hock from heat and shred. Keep the hock flavoured stock for future in use recipes.
- Combine honey, tomato sauce, vinegar and sriracha with the bacon hocks in a bowl. Mix until the hock meat is evenly coated. In another small bowl mix the mustard and mayonnaise together and set aside.
- Dollop a generous amount of the mustard onto the bun and spread. Layer the lettuce, followed by the hock meat, then the onion and apples.
- Serve and enjoy!
Three Aussie Farmers Pulled Pork
Our Bacon Hocks are great for adding a delicious wood smoked flavour to soups, stews and casseroles. Simple, hearty and perfect for those cold winter months.