what you need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers Half Leg Ham or Shoulder Ham
- 100g quince paste
- ¾ cup golden syrup
- 1½ Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 500g pears, thinly sliced
how to make it
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine quince paste, golden syrup and sherry vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over med. heat and stir continuously for 2-3 mins until slightly thickened.
- Remove the rind of the ham and cover hock with foil. Place ham on a large baking tray, and brush with glaze. Position pear slices on top of the ham so that they overlap each other slightly.
- Brush pears with more glaze and place into oven for 1½ hrs. Re-baste throughout the cooking process.
TIP: for a golden-brown ham, re-baste with the caramelised cooking juices in the bottom of the tray!
- Top with remaining glaze and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Remove and serve immediately.
Three Aussie Farmers Half Leg Ham on the Bone
Our Leg Ham’s are naturally wood smoked and cooked on the bone. We offer both traditional Hock end and Butt end half leg hams. Glaze and roast in the oven, or slice and dice for sandwiches, pastas, risottos and pizzas!