what you need
- 2 Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle
- ½ brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1¼ cup apple cider
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp. thyme, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. gravy powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast potatoes, to serve
how to make it
- Cook knuckle according to pack instructions. Reserve cooking juices from the pouch and set aside.
- For the gravy, heat fry-pan over med. heat. Place oil, garlic and onion in pan. Cook for 2 mins or until softened.
- Add apple slices, reserved cooking juices, cider, chicken stock and thyme. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 3 mins.
- Mix gravox powder with 4 Tbsp. of warm water and pour into stock mixture. Bring to the boil and allow to thicken. Season with salt and pepper
- Pour gravy over Knuckle and serve with roast potatoes.
Three Aussie Farmers german style pork knuckle
If you haven’t tried a Pork Knuckle – you haven’t lived! This knuckle has been cured and slow cooked for hours – and once you crackle it up at home, there isn’t much that will beat it. Just a tip – serve it with creamy garlic mash and our bier gravy recipe below.