what you need
- 1 pack Three Aussie Farmers Louisiana Style sausages, squeezed out of the casing
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 500g Napoletana pasta sauce
- 50g butter
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 600ml milk
- 2 fresh lasagne sheets
- Baking tin (23cm x 13cm x 7cm)
- 1 cup Colby cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
how to make it
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 200OC.
- Heat a fry-pan over med heat with vegetable oil. Cook the onions, garlic and carrot until the onions are soft.
- Add the sausage mince, stir to break apart and brown all over. Pour in the pasta sauce and stir through until all the meat is covered. Continue to cook for 5 mins or until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- To make the bechamel sauce use a small saucepan over med heat, add the butter and melt. Add the flour and whisk together. Gradually pour in the milk while whisking. Season with salt and pepper. It should fall in ribbons off your whisk. Set aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the meat into the baking tin followed by the lasagne sheet. Repeat once more and finish it off with a meat layer at the top. Pour the bechamel sauce on top and layer generously with the cheese. Bake for 15 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!
Three Aussie Farmers Pulled Pork
Dan & Steph’s love affair with American BBQ goes way back, and this Louisiana style snag is true to its Southern United States origins.
Packed with traditional Cajun flavours like garlic, paprika and thyme – it has a mild spice kick and a load of flavour to make your next barbie something special!