what you need
- 500g Dan and Steph Sicilian Sausages
- 1/2 tsp. saffron
- 600ml pork or chicken stock
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 200g aborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. of oil
- 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh parsley
how to make it
- Place pork or chicken stock and saffron into a large bowl and leave to infuse.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large fry-pan on med. heat.
- Cut the sausages into small chunks and fry for about 5 mins until they start to brown on all sides.
- Transfer the sausage pieces into a bowl and set aside for later.
- Pour 1 Tbsp. of oil into the pan and add the finely chopped onion. Fry for 2 mins and then add the minced garlic and chopped capsicum.
- After a few mins add chopped cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and smoked paprika
- Stir and leave to cook for 3 mins.
- Add the rice. Stir and once the rice is translucent on the edges, add the saffron infused stock.
- Let gently simmer for 10 mins without stirring it. Stir once and leave for a further 10 mins.
- Add the frozen peas and sausage. Stir to combine.
- Check the rice is cooked – it should still have a bit of bite but be soft on the outside.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze juice from the lemon and top with parsley
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.