what you need
- 6 Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian Pork sausages
- 1 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 100g of bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 large carrot, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 200g of green puy lentils
- 500ml of salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. of vinegar
- 440g tinned tomatoes
- ¼ bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- Sour cream to serve
how to make it
- Heat oil in a large casserole dish. Add the bacon & sausages and cook for 10 mins, stirring & turning the sausages occasionally until nicely browned & sticky. Remove sausages and set aside.
- Add some more olive oil, onions, carrots & garlic to the bacon and cook for 4 mins until softened. Return the sausages to the pan
- Add the rosemary, lentils, stock, vinegar, tomatoes and stir to combine. Season with a good pinch of salt & pepper
- Bring to the boil & simmer rapidly for 5 mins, then lower heat & simmer slowly for 1 hour. Be sure to stir occasionally. Check the lentils to make sure they are soft to squeeze but still have a little bite to them.
- Serve with fresh parsley sprinkled over the top & some sour cream.
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.