what you need
- 650g Three Aussie Farmers Bacon Hock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 cup split green peas, rinsed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 dried bay leaf
- salt & pepper to season
- Crusty bread, to serve
how to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large fry-pan over med heat, then sauté onions until soft. Add celery and carrots. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add the bacon hock, bay leaf, salt, pepper, chicken stock, 1L of water and split green peas to slow cooked. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Wrap garlic in foil and place in oven for 40 mins.
- Squeeze garlic from skins and stir through soup.
- Remove hock from soup and discard the rind.
- Using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth or until desired texture.
- Shred ham and return to soup.
- Cook on low for 1 hour or until tender.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Three Aussie Farmers Semi Boneless Shoulder Ham
100% Australian Pork Shoulder cooked and naturally smoked on the bone. Slice it up and enjoy it in a sambo, fry some up for brekkie or go all out and roast it with a beautiful glaze for the ultimate show stopping dinner table centerpiece.