what you need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers Wood Smoked Bacon Hock
- 2 brown onions, quartered
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L chicken stock
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 1 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 500g orecchiette pasta
- 2 bunches of curly kale, torn off the stem
- 2 Tbsp. ground paprika
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- Bread, to serve
how to make it
- Place all the ingredients except the pasta, kale, paprika, olive oil and cheese into a slow cooker on high for 5 hrs.
- Remove the hock from the slow cooker and shred the meat off the bone. Place the meat and bone back into the slow cooker.
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 200OC.
- Cook the pasta separately according to pack instructions and set it aside.
- To make kale chips, place 1 bunch of the kale leaves on a lined baking tray. Sprinkle the paprika and olive oil over the top and toss around until evenly coated. Bake for 10 mins in the oven.
- Put the remaining kale into the slower cooker 5 mins before serving.
- Divide the pasta among the bowls. Ladle the soup and meat in then sprinkle cheese over the top and serve with the kale chips on the side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our Bacon Hocks are great for adding a delicious wood smoked flavour to soups, stews and casseroles. Simple, hearty and perfect for those cold winter months.