what you need
- 1 pack Three Aussie Farmers Smoked Bacon Hock
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, tied with kitchen twine (keep a sprig spare to chop and sprinkle for serving)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 litres water
- 2 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 8 small red potatoes, skin on, cut into chunks
- 200g barley
how to make it
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over med heat, then sauté onions, celery and carrots.
- Add the pork bones, whole parsley bunch, bay leaves, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, water and tomatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Add the potatoes and barley, bring back to a boil, then simmer for 1 hr.
- Remove the parsley bunch and discard.
- Remove any meat from the bones, coarsely chop and return to the pot – or serve the pork bones in soup bowls and grab a napkin!
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
Three Aussie Farmers Semi Boneless Shoulder Ham
100% Australian Pork Shoulder cooked and naturally smoked on the bone. Slice it up and enjoy it in a sambo, fry some up for brekkie or go all out and roast it with a beautiful glaze for the ultimate show stopping dinner table centerpiece.