what you need
- 1 Pack Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian Sausages, chopped
- 2 middle bacon rashers, diced
- 125g chorizo, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.6kg tinned tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. red chilli flakes
- 2 tins butter beans, drained
- 500g potato, peeled and cubed
- 200g mushrooms, sliced
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
how to make it
- Heat the oil on med. heat in a large pot.
- Fry the onions until browned. Add the bacon and chorizo and fry for a few mins until cooked.
- Add the chopped sausages and brown.
- Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, paprikas, chilli flakes, beans, potato and mushrooms.
- Add enough water to ensure everything is covered in liquid then bring the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer then cover and leave to stew for 30 mins on low-med heat. Stir occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of parsley.
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.