what you need
- 1 pack Dan & Steph Sicilian Pork Sausages
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. chilli powder
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 400g diced tomatoes
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
how to make it
- Cook sausages according to packet instructions.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med. heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 2 mins or until soft.
- Add capsicum, Cajun seasoning, chilli powder and chorizo. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken stock, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer for 40 mins or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Slice cooked sausages and add to the pot after 20 mins or cooking.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.