what you need
- 2 Three Aussie Farmers Wood Smoked Bacon Hocks
- 500g Three Aussie Farmers Shortcut Bacon Rasher
- 2L chicken stock
- 1 brown onion
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 140g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 slices white bread, toasted
- 2 spring onion, to serve
how to make it
- In large casserole dish add in the hock, chicken stock and onions over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce down to low and simmer covered 1 hour or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
- To make the hollandaise sauce add, egg yolks, lemon juice and salt in a blender for a 30 seconds. Then slowly pour the butter in and continue to blend until it’s thickened and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a fry-pan over med-high heat until desired crispiness. Set aside onto paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Bring a small saucepan full of water to a gentle boil. Add in the vinegar then using a spoon stir the water to create a vortex. Carefully crack an egg into the centre of the vortex and poach for 3 mins. Use a slotted spoon to carefully remove the egg and pat dry. Repeat for the rest of the eggs.
- In another small saucepan of water, bring it to the boil and quickly blanch the spinach and drain and set aside.
- To serve, place the crispy bacon onto the toast, followed by the spinach. Tear-off the hock meat and spread it over the top. Carefully place the soft poached egg on top and drizzle that amazing hollandaise sauce over it all.
- Serve and enjoy!
100% Aussie Bacon, rashers naturally smoked with Australian Mountain Ash.