what you need
- 1 Three Aussie Farmers German Style Pork Knuckle
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- 1 cup SunPork Bier Gravy
- 1 jar sauerkraut
- 1 egg, whisked
how to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Chop cooked knuckle into small cubes and combine with 1 cup of Bier Gravy. Place in fridge to cool.
- Line pie tin with puff pastry and pour in chilled knuckle mixture.
- Top pie with a 1.5cm sauerkraut crust and extra pastry if you like (be sure to brush the pastry with whisked egg).
- Place in oven for 30 mins or until golden.
- Remove and Enjoy!
Three Aussie Farmers german style pork knuckle
If you haven’t tried a Pork Knuckle – you haven’t lived! This knuckle has been cured and slow cooked for hours – and once you crackle it up at home, there isn’t much that will beat it. Just a tip – serve it with creamy garlic mash and our bier gravy recipe below.