what you need
- 500g SunPork Smoked Bacon Hock
- 250g split peas
- 2 onions
- ½ stick celery, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- 1 rookworst (smoked sausage), thinly sliced
- Crusty bread, to serve
how to make it
- Soak split peas for 3 hrs minimum (ideally overnight).
- Heat large saucepan over med. heat and add bacon hock, onion, and celery. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add split peas and 4 cups of water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 2 hrs.
- Add grated potatoes and simmer for ½ hr.
- Remove bacon hock from soup and remove meat from bone. Set aside.
- Using a stick blender, blitz the soup mixture until smooth. Return meat from bone to the soup.
- In a small fry pan over high heat, cook rookworst until crispy. Add rookworst to the soup 20 mins before serving.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
Three Aussie Farmers Semi Boneless Shoulder Ham
100% Australian Pork Shoulder cooked and naturally smoked on the bone. Slice it up and enjoy it in a sambo, fry some up for brekkie or go all out and roast it with a beautiful glaze for the ultimate show stopping dinner table centerpiece.