what you need
- 1 pack Dan & Steph Sicilian Pork Sausages
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 100g Three Aussie Farmers Leg Ham, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g risoni
- 400g diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. mixed Italian herbs
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve
how to make it
- Squeeze sausage meat from the skins and roll the meat into 15 golf ball sized balls. Discard the sausage casings.
- Heat oil in a fry-pan over med. to high. heat. Place meatballs into the fry-pan and cook on each side for 3 -4 mins or until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Add ham to the pan and cook for 2 -3 mins or until crispy. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 mins. add risoni, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper,, tomato paste, wine, herbs, bay leaf and 2 cups of water. Stir to combine.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 mins or until the risoni is cooked through and all the liquid has absorbed.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan and enjoy!
Three Aussie Farmers Sicilian style gourmet Pork Sausages by Dan and Steph
Dan & Steph have gone all out on this one – Aussie pork minced and tossed with tomato, fennel and a hit of chilli. This sausage is a tribute to the fiery flavours of Southern Italy. Slice and add to pasta to spice things up, or just tuck in when they’re hot off the barbie.