what you need
- 1 pack Three Aussie Farmers Outback BBQ Burgers
- 150g cream cheese
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella, grated
- 3 jalapenos, diced (fresh or jar)
- 2 rashers bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 brioche buns, cut in half and toasted
how to make it
- In a bowl combine cheeses, jalapenos and bacon, then set aside.
- Take 2 burger patties and use a flat bottomed jar or glass to help form a well into the patties.
- Take the remaining two burger patties and repeat, but not with as deep a well.
- Spoon cheese mix into the first two patties and place second two patties over the top.
- Gently press the edges together to bond and seal in the cheese mixture.
- If you like it hot, sprinkle burger patty with chilli powder and place in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180⁰C.
- Carefully place burgers into a well oiled fry-pan over high heat. Brown and sear the patty on both sides for 3 mins to stop the cheese from oozing out. Transfer the patty to a lined baking tray and grill in the oven for 10-15 mins or until cooked through.
- Place lettuce onto the bun followed by the burger patty.
- Serve and enjoy!
If there was one way to make a BBQ a bit more Australian, it’s by bringing the outback to your backyard.
With our Aussie pork and beef blend, we’ve created a coarse ground homestyle burger – just like mum used to make. This is everything a burger should be and one for the whole family to enjoy.