what you need
- 2 Three Aussie Farmers Slow Cooked Pulled Pork
- 4 cups semolina
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 250g pork lard
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 18 corn husks, flattened
- 18 butchers string
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 Coriander stalks, chopped
- 30ml olive oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
how to make it
- To create the dough use a large mixing bowl combine, semolina, salt, cumin and lard together. Slowly pour in the chicken stock slowly while mixing until well combined and it is a thick sticky paste. Keep covered with a towel and set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl combine the pulled pork and BBQ sauce together.
- Place a corn husk flat on the bench and spoon 1-2 heaped Tbsp. dough mixture on and spread it around so it covers about way half way down the corn husk evenly. Then spoon some of the pulled pork in the middle.
- Carefully fold the husk in half to close up the mixture and shape it into a cylinder or cone shape, then fold the empty bottom half of the husk up and tie together with butchers string. Repeat for the remainder.
- Place into a steamer on high for 12 mins.
- While steaming combine tomatoes, red onion, coriander, olive oil and the lime juice together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve tamales immediately with salsa.
Three Aussie Farmers Pulled Pork
You can’t go wrong with pulled pork. Especially slow cooked Aussie pulled pork that’s faster to make than baked beans on toast. It’s a big claim, but this might be the best thing since sliced bread… The only hard bit is deciding how to eat it – sliders, nachos, tacos, wraps, salads, pasta,- or you could forget that and just grab a fork.