Dan & Steph’s American BBQ Hot Links are packed with flavour and like no other! So, it’s only right to cook these tasty morsels with a bit of TLC and a touch of smoke!
Check out Sal’s video or step by step instructions below for all the tips and tricks on how to smoke our Aussie Pork Hot Links on a gas BBQ – it’s easier than you think and only takes 20 mins on the barbie!
How to smoke on a BBQ:
- Soak apple, maple or cherry woodchips in water for 20 mins.
- Drain the wood chips and place them into a smoking box.
- Turn the BBQ to high and place the box on the grill plate.
- Wait about 20 mins, until the box is smoking and the chips are alight.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Place a grilling tray or baking tray over the smoking box.
- Place your sausages on the tray and close the lid of the BBQ.
- Cook for 10 mins, then turn the sausages.
- Cook for a further 10 mins or until the internal temperature reaches 75°C.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 mins before serving.